Elite-VB LLC is passionate about helping Alaska employers with no-cost solutions that will turn a “vanilla” benefit plan into dream dessert. With over 40 years of combined experience in voluntary, benefits communication and enrollment experience, our goal is to combine PEOPLE with TECHNOLOGY to improve the overall benefit experience in organizations with 5+ employees.
Elite-VB is the only agency in Alaska to specialize solely on voluntary benefits. Under the leadership of Pamela Whitfield, the initial Colonial Life agency in WA/AK in 2002, we have executed over 900 voluntary benefit enrollments. Elite-VB was re-branded in Feb of 2019 to provide more carrier choices to create voluntary benefit programs that are tailored to each company we work with. Every company has unique goals with their benefits, and our job is educating employers that voluntary isn’t just “nice to have” but critical for organizations. Our passion is to select the proper carrier that will bring the best products and enrollment strategy so that each enrollment is a success for both the employer AND the employees.
Expanding the agency to Alaska in March of 2013, we are deeply involved in the community (Rotary, BNI, AAHU, ACSA and more) and were named the #1 Business in Alaska by the BBB (“Torch Award for Ethics”) in 2016. We also continue to serve over 60 clients in Puget Sound area (some still with us since 2002).
Let’s get together to discuss your benefit needs, challenges and objectives and see if Elite-VB can “sweeten your benefits” complete with an ice cream social to celebrate the programs and services!
WE KNOW ALASKA
Our clients are probably just like you: They seek to enhance their benefit offering without adding costs to their benefit bottom line. They understand the value of offering both traditional and non-traditional benefits. They utilize our enrollment and communication tools that are as sweet as they are effective.
STILL ENROLLING EMPLOYEES
We have a solution. By partnering with us on our enrollment solutions, you can alleviate the administrative burden of the day to day managing and implementation of the benefit enrollment cycle. This will allow you to concentrate on growing your business without the hassle and cost of benefit administration.
Let’s get together to discuss your benefit needs, challenges and objectives and see if Elite-VB can “sweeten your benefits.” We’ll even celebrate completion of the programs and services process with an ice cream social…let’s enjoy benefits again!
We Believe In ADVOCACY:
Employees are in a fragile state. We will advocate for employees who, like many Americans, are one or two paychecks away from financial insolvency. If we can agree on that, then we can put together a program that will speak to those who need to protect them and their families.
We Believe In EDUCATION.
We don’t SELL insurance. We educate employees on the need for employee-paid benefits, then explain the benefits offered and how they work, present cost-effective solutions and employees make choices. We take the next step to show them how to maximize their benefits when they need them.
We Believe In BROKER PARTNERS.
Our goal is to partner with our brokers to bring value to their clients with technology solutions and 20+ years of solely voluntary benefit executions.
We Believe In PEOPLE-TO-PEOPLE CONNECTIONS:
Website, videos and the like are efficient, but insurance choices take a dialogue that can’t be replaced by a machine or link. We are helping people preserve and protect the most vitally important things that they hold dear: their loved ones, their health, their ability to earn an income. We take the time to learn about employee’s needs and then make suggestions that fit their budget and lifestyle.
We Believe In TRANSPARENCY:
Typically, extremely affordable premiums with employee-paid benefits is one of the reasons they are so appealing. An accident plan is as low as $.60 a day. We love to show off the affordability of voluntary premiums while also discouraging employers from simply “spreadsheeting” voluntary carriers. There is a lot more to carriers than price (enrollment platforms, communication materials, “boots on the ground” benefit counselors, etc.)
We Believe In TECHNOLOGY:
but not at the sake of education and knowledge. Technology should be used to enhance the enrollment experience and streamline HR processes with our Employee Navigator license, but technology should also be tool, not a crutch.
Senior Benefits Counselor & Coordinator
Senior Benefits Counselor – Washington
ABOUT PAMELA WHITFIELD
Voluntary Benefit Insurance Leader since 1996 as both an Agency owner and multi-million-dollar producer. Established over 900 voluntary benefit accounts in career, written over $20 million in premium. Expanded agency in 2013 to Alaska to serve Alaskan employers and employees and current Founding Partner of Elite-VB LLC, Feb 2019.
Elite-VB LLC – Founding Partner
- Elite-VB LLC established March 1, 2019 – new Brand due to addition of Employee Navigator license in Jan 2019
- New corporate entity licensed with State of Alaska to operate as a voluntary benefit broker – allowing agency to work with multiple voluntary benefit carriers to suite the needs of clients better
- Partnership between Pamela Whitfield (President of Whitfield Benefit Solutions) and Marshall Pickering (son and Agency Development Manager for six years) – Pamela 95% Founding partner
- Over 240 Accounts in Alaska and 45 in Washington
Alaska Biz Mag 2017 Power List: Who’s Who: Biggest Influencers & Disruptors
Alaska Biz Mag 2018 Power List: Who’s Who
NAHU: Leading Producer Round Table award winner: Soaring Eagle Designation
Member: Alaska Council of School Superintendents (ACSA) – Elite-VB LLC
Immediate Past President of Alaska Association of Health Underwriters (AAHU) 2019-2020 and Professional Development Chair
Whitfield Benefit Solutions – President & Agency Owner 2013 – current – Anchorage, AK & Puget Sound, WA
- Established first voluntary benefit agency in Midtown, Anchorage for Colonial Life in March of 2013
- Recruited and trained over 37 agents, developed two Agency Development Managers and District Manager and #1 District Coordinator in Nation
- Opened over 250 accounts in 6+ years including a 1700-life Native Corporation in 2015 (Calista) executing a phenomenal nationwide enrollment, writing over $750,000 in new premium (UNUM replacement)
- Whitfield Agency was awarded the #1 Business by the BBB in Alaska: “Torch Award for Ethics” in 2016. Having written over $8 million in premium in Alaska alone
Whitfield Benefit Solutions – President & Agency Owner 2002 – Bellevue, WA
- The Whitfield Agency was the first Colonial District Office for Colonial Life’s WA/Alaska Territory (Feb 2002)
- Won a National Award for Colonial Life in 2003: the first People Development Award
- Recruited top leaders in 2002 and 2003 – many are current District Mangers and Agency Development Mangers that lead the Nation in sales with Colonial At one point over 500 clients in the agency Established over 700 accounts, writing over $17 million in sales
- Established a unique partnership and endorsement with the Master Builders Association (MBA) in Puget Sound with over 4800 members
American Heritage Life – Allstate Workplace 2000 – Issaquah, WA
Established the first voluntary workplace benefits in Puget Sound for American Heritage Life, the new worksite division for Allstate. Established over 41 new accounts
Aflac – District Sales Manager 1996-1999 – Bellevue, WA
One of three District Managers who established Aflac in Puget Sound in 1996. Won every Aflac sales rep awards possible before moving into management. Established over 67 accounts in 3 years.
Articles Contributed Attributed To By Pamela Whitfield
OUR CORPORATE PARTNERS
INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW WE CAN HELP?
Drop us a line. We’re here for you!