You want your employees to make good choices and feel good about the choices they make. Elite-VB works as an extension of HR to make sure that happens. We’ve found that the more employees understand their benefits, the more empowered they feel -the more likely they are to participate.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF A WELL
COMMUNICATED BENEFIT PROGRAM?
- There is a knowledge gap in the understanding and use of employee benefits among certain employee populations. More lower-and middle-income workers are likely to say that they wish their employer did more to help them set financial priorities than upper-middle-income workers. * (Mass Mutual 2018 Worksite Benefit Study)
- Although only one in four employees is offered financial education at work, as many as half would welcome additional help or guidance on personal finances from their employer with Millennials being dramatically more open and interested in receiving help at the workplace.
- Studies show that some workers are less informed about their benefits than they realize. A Guardian study released in June showed that although 80% of employees believed they understood their benefits, only 49% did.
- Employers should be concerned about this statistic for several reasons. First, employers won’t be able to enjoy the engagement and retention benefits that come with employee perks if employees don’t know about them or how to use them. When employees understand what their full compensation package is worth, they’re more likely to be satisfied with their pay.
- Few people eagerly look forward to their benefits enrollment, but younger workers report higher levels of stress, anxiety and confusion than other workers. Stress: 28%, Anxiety 32%, Confusion 29% (versus 21%, 20% and 22% for all employees, respectfully)
- Suggestion: combine high tech-and high-tech tools, while remembering that technology is never an end in itself –more it’s an enabler that makes enroll and ongoing benefits administrations easier. Partner with a benefit provider that brings this expertise to you!
WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR ORGANIZATION WOULD RANK ON BENEFITS COMMUNICATION?
One of the key questions we will ask our clients is how well they believe their employees understand their benefits. If the answer (on a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) is low, our benefits counselors can increase that understanding to a 10 by being an extension of the HR department:
THREE TYPES OF ENROLLMENT
- Voluntary only
- Benefits communication + voluntary
- Core enrollment + voluntary
Once we determine the type of enrollment and determine the desired employee-paid benefit portfolio desired and corresponding non-traditional benefits, we will prepare customized marketing and communications materials. One of the reasons Elite-VB partners with Colonial Life is their co-branded communication pieces are consistent and ideal to take your employees on a journey through the entire experience – the process and the products.
As well, industry research shows that employees who understand their benefits, like their benefits and make the best choices, with no selling or pressure required. True benefits education begins and ends with face-to-face communication.
Elite-VB has conducted core enrollment for over 18 years and what makes Colonial unique is they have over 7500 dedicated and seasoned National Enrollment Team benefit counselors that are trained to communicate ALL of a company’s benefits or just Colonial Life…all at no cost to your organization.
For clients over 50 lives, interactive website that provides a landing page for employees to learn more about their voluntary benefit options, contact their benefit counselor, schedule a one-on-one and more.
When required, our team will produce a custom video for distribution to staff when group meetings aren’t 100% available to all staff.
Often employees are out in the field and no accessible to e-mail. When appropriate, text alerts can drive employees to their landing page and enrollment options via their mobile device
ONLINE SCHEDULING TOOL
Employees can utilize our online scheduler tool to schedule their one-on-one benefit counseling session, freeing up phone and e-mail tag
RATE/ INTEREST SHEETS AT GROUP PRESENTATIONS
An effective way to introduce voluntary benefits is with complete transparency regarding the strength of these benefits: affordability. When appropriate, we encourage full brochure packets to all staff with sample rates so employees can understand the approximate cost before meeting with a benefits counselor and only meeting one-on-one with those who express interest.
CONSUMERISM: Customized Enrollment Email Campaign
The Colonial Life Consumerism team has developed new enrollment materials that use behavioral economic principles to drive employees to their enrollment. Below are samples of the materials and directions on how to request them for your enrollment. Email materials – Available at no cost to employers with over 50 lives. Link to PDF brochure
Slick interactive video postcards delivered to HR to send to staff to announce the enrolment. Available for accounts with 50+ lives, these customizable landing pages can share a variety of information, including: In addition to: Posters, Flyers, Benefit Books for core enrollments, Group meeting materials
We begin every enrollment with a series of communications, crafted to spark employees’ interest and inform their decision-making. Then we meet with them 1-to-1 to answer questions and help them navigate their benefit options.
A SWEET “Elite-VB”
Let’s celebrate! A well-orchestrated communication strategy will engage your employees, appeal to all demographics and drive the employees to enroll in benefits in a variety of methods. As each company is unique, once Elite-VB understands the GOALS of your benefits program, we will use our expertise and our partners to execute a communication plan that is a treat for both HR and your employees.
With a mandatory enrollment experience with our new clients, employees who meet with the benefit counselor will receive special sticker that indicates “their benefits were sweetened by Elite-VB”.
In addition, we will come in after the enrollment (within a month) to celebrate employees receiving benefits they chose with an “Elite-VB Ice Cream Social”. With Alaskans eating more ice cream per capita than any other state in the US, we need to celebrate and end the initial enrollment with a treat for HR, staff and the benefit counselors connecting with staff for on-going service needs.
OUR CORPORATE PARTNERS
INTERESTED IN LEARNING HOW WE CAN HELP?
Drop us a line. We’re here for you!